Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
Last updated October 18, 2023
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) sets forth rules that apply to the use of any of Exafunction’s (“Exafunction,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) services (“Services”) by Customer, Customer’s Authorized Users or any other person to whom Customer grants the right to access and use the Services (collectively, “you”). Your use of the Services must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy. This AUP is not exhaustive, and Exafunction reserves the right to take remedial action in connection with content or uses not specifically described below. Exafunction may modify this AUP at any time by posting a revised version on Exafunction’s website.
Capitalized terms not defined in this AUP have the meanings given in the Master Subscription Agreement, Terms of Service, or such other written agreement, contract, instrument, or other writing entered into by you and Exafunction governing the provision of the Services to you (“Agreement”).
Customer Data Restrictions. You will not prompt the Service with, or otherwise Upload Customer Data, that:
- Is obscene, defamatory, deceptive, harassing, abusive, threatening, hateful or discriminatory;
- Violates anyone else’s intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights;
- Violates applicable laws or regulations;
- Contains viruses, malware, malicious code or similar harmful materials; or
- Otherwise violates this AUP.
Prohibited Conduct. You will not and will not attempt to:
- Engage in deceptive or illegal activities (including, “spoofing”, “phishing” or pyramid or similar schemes);
- Generate content for spam or other unsolicited communications to other users;
- Use the Services in violation of data, privacy or other applicable laws or regulations;
- Use the Services to generate, engage in, promote, support or facilitate hateful,discriminatory or violent activities, whether online or offline;
- Prompt the Services with inputs that violate this AUP;
- Use the Services to generate outputs that you know or should reasonably know would be unlawful or infringe on the rights (including intellectual property rights) of others;
- Request content that is “in the style of” or “similar to” third party proprietary content or that is otherwise derivative of third party proprietary content;
- Request that the Services duplicate third party proprietary content or provide outputs that duplicate the functionality of third party content; or
- Engage in any activity that we reasonably determine on advice of counsel will cause liability to us.
No Disruption. You will not and will not attempt to:
- Access the Services through unauthorized means (for instance, scraping or crawling);
- Disable or interfere with the Services or circumvent any security or access controls;
- Reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of any portion of the Service, except to the extent that the activity is expressly permitted by applicable law;
- Monitor traffic on the Services without Exafunction’s permission;
- Probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of Exafunction’s system or network; or
- Try to access other users’ data or accounts without their express permission.
Others. You will not permit or encourage others to commit any of the actions above.
We may monitor compliance with this AUP and investigate any violations. If we determine that you or your Customer Data violates this AUP, we may remove or suspend access to your content or suspend your access to the Services.
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties, and cooperate with them to investigate and prosecute illegal conduct. Our reporting may include disclosing information related to the violation of this AUP.
If you become aware of any suspected violation of this AUP, please notify us at email@example.com and provide a full explanation of the bases for the violation. We may request your assistance to help stop or remedy the violation, and you will cooperate and assist us in connection with any such violation.