tl;dr We are launching a self-serve SaaS tier of Codeium for teams and smaller enterprises, with the highest security guarantees of any SaaS AI assistant tool.
The Teams Offering
To start, by using Codeium, your developers are using a SOC2 compliant state-of-the-art AI toolkit that works on over 40 IDEs and 70 languages. Today, Codeium provides low-latency, high-quality autocomplete suggestions, an integrated in-IDE chat experience, and context awareness that grounds results in your existing code.
On the Teams plan, as an organization, you also get the following team-level features in addition to all of the features on the free Individual plan:
- Guaranteed zero data retention: On the free Individual plan, developers have the ability to opt-out from code snippet telemetry on the free Individual plan, but on the Teams plan, you are guaranteed this from the outset and you don’t need to verify with each individual developer. We even have zero data retention guarantees on Chat!
- Analytics dashboard: Realtime aggregated statistics on the value your team is getting from Codeium, including counting statistics, breakdowns along various axes, and even an ROI calculator based on simple equations on time saved.
- Consolidated payment and seat management: Know who is using the tool and who is not, and be able to manage seats centrally.
- Fine-grained attribution filtering (coming soon): More control on how you would like to filter out suggestions if they match public code. We already don’t train on non-permissively licensed code, but this will give additional peace of mind.
In addition, your developers will get an upgraded experience over the Individual plan. Your developers will also be getting a better experience than if they sign up for the free Individual plan, as we are able to do things that we realistically cannot do for that tier because it would cost us too much money:
- Unlimited context awareness: Codeium’s massive differentiator is its advanced context awareness to ground results in your existing codebase. On Teams, there is no cap on the amount of code we can index and reason about at inference time, further increasing the performance of Codeium, especially as your codebase grows. We will even offer you the ability to store indices remotely, further optimizing the performance.
- Unlimited access to powerful models and features: Many of our upcoming features like Codeium Command will use larger and more powerful models or require much more compute in order to augment the developer experience. Teams users get unlimited access to these models, while our Individual users are rate limited.
- More performant Chat experience (coming soon): On the free Individual plan, users get access to Codeium’s proprietary chat model, which has slightly-better-than-GPT-3.5 performance on coding tasks. On the Teams tier, developers will both get access to a much faster version of this model (we will throw more compute at it, which is more expensive for us to serve) as well as an option to select GPT-4 as a backend for more involved questions.
And you can get all of this at the affordable price of $15/user/mo, or if picking an annual plan, just $12/user/mo.
Who Should Get Teams
Really, as soon as you have a few developers, the Teams plan starts to make sense. Codeium Teams is the quickest, easiest, and cheapest way to maximally supercharge your developer productivity today. With it being self-serve, you can just grab and go.
That being said, if you have over a couple hundred developers, require a self-hosted solution, or have specific additional needs from SaaS tools, a self-serve SaaS solution (even if high-quality and high-security) likely is not what you are looking for. If this is the case, we recommend you reaching out to us. That way, we can discuss everything from if a self-hosted deployment makes more sense, developer training material, support guarantees on SaaS, and more.
How it Compares to Other Products
The closest competitive product to Codeium Teams is GitHub Copilot for Business. However, Codeium Teams is a step up for a number of reasons:
- Actual context awareness that gets better as your codebase grows, leading to much more grounded suggestions and minimized hallucinations. The base models are similarly performant on standard tasks, but this Codeium “brain” is what makes the system better for teams. This brain is also agnostic to choice of source code management tool, so you do not need to be on GitHub for source code management to get the maximal benefits of Codeium (Bitbucket, GitLab, Perforce, Gerrit, etc are all welcome here).
- More IDE support, more features, and more language support. Your data scientists can autocomplete in their Jupyter notebooks, your Java developers can use Eclipse, your iOS engineers can run on XCode - with rich feature support in over 40 IDEs, you can have a consolidated tool for all of your engineers.
- Realtime analytics dashboards so that you can justify the ROI for the tool and take action to increase internal adoption and usage.
- SOC2 certification and Third-party penetration tests for security confidence, which GitHub Copilot does not have.
- Much more compliant with respect to licensing, including removing non-permissively licensed code even at training time.
There are plenty of other tools on the market, but when it comes to the mix of quality, latency, availability, and security/compliance, it is clear that Codeium Teams outperforms all of them. But don’t take our word for it, try it for yourselves and we will let the tool do the talking! You will even get two weeks for free on us.
Try Teams today: